Wednesday, October 13, 2010

We went to the doc today and we have good and not so good news...The not so good news is that I am still NOT dilated in the least, even though she is head down and way ready to go. Before today being induced wasn't really on the table because I had a c-section previously and the doctor is really hesitant because there are higher risks. But since I am past my due date and I am done being pregnant the doc consented to try to induce me this Friday at 1pm. It's not a guarantee that I'll have a little girl since I am so tight, but we are praying that the medicine works to get things rolling. If I don't really progress on the medicine after 8 hours then I guess we are just going to keep waiting since I don't want another c-section. So pray that everything just works well to get this little girl safely here by Friday night. The other great news is that my mom just flew into town today to help, so that is another reason I don't want to wait much longer since she is only here until the 27th. Carter and Grandma have already bonded and it's so fun to see them interact. Carter has a lot of changes going on this week with me staying home with him now and then his sister coming this weekend. Hopefully he can adapt well. :) Anyway, if all goes well we should have a little girl on 10-15-10. We'll hopefully have lots of pictures to post soon!

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

I wish you all the best! I can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

Well, little sis...you're always in my prayers, so that's nothing new, but I will do more. Also, I can't wait to see her! I love you, Christina, Mike, Carter, and little one.
Hi, Mom, love you, too!