Sunday, October 03, 2010

My wonderful sisters, Jana and Sarah, threw me a baby shower for this little girl last night. They went way over and beyond, and it was so much fun! They got all this great food from Costco, games, prizes, and we had plenty of people show up to enjoy it. They even got a couple of "Nothing Bundt Cakes" and they were divine! My nieces helped decorate inside and out, and they did a great job
A big surprise was receiving a diaper cake from my sisters. Jana spent a lot of time to put this together and it was her first time! It was surrounded by the cutest blankets, toys, and onesies. Carter of course thinks all the toys are his now.
The best part about showers, even above the presents and diaper cake, is all the friends and family that come out to support you. We had a lot of Jenson and McElhaney family come out, even an aunt that lives in CA was in town. We also had a couple of Habel aunts and cousin, as well as some close friends and neighbors. We love our neighborhood and our neighbors! Everyone that came to visit commented on our neighborhood, and we really did luck out.

The games that were played were "Who knows Christina best?" and a candy bar game where you had to guess which candy bar described which baby thing, such as chunky baby, contractions, epidurals, hospital address, etc.
After all the good food, visiting, and games, it was finally time to open presents. I had cheated on a few and already opened them since the giver had to leave early...at least that was my excuse. :) I got so much pink cuteness in outfits that it made me SUPER excited for this girl to come! Thank you to everyone for all the sweet gifts, words, and encouragement. You truly are the best and I am so lucky to have such great family and friends. Everyone is voting for her to wait until next Sunday since 10-10-10 would be a cool birthday, and right now it seems like she might wait that long so we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Leslie & Chris said...

Oh my gosh it looks like you got some great stuff!!! I love that little red and white and black dress