Wednesday, October 20, 2010

So we have had to wait for this baby girl longer than we ever would have guessed. She still is not here, but she will be here by Friday at the LATEST! I had another doc appointment today and finally there was progress! I am now at a 2 and 50% effaced. Now we have more hope that she'll be able to come on her own, or that the pitocin will work this time. We are scheduled to go into the hospital to have my water broke and to get on pitocin again tomorrow (Thursday) at 6 pm. Hopefully we will have a baby early Friday morning!
In the meantime, even though waiting for her to come is hard and a bit annoying, I have really enjoyed the time with my mom, sisters, and Carter. We have spent many days just shopping and eating good food. :) My sister Julie even came into town last Saturday, so it was kind of nice to not have just had a baby so that I could hang out with them all. Carter is a ham as usually. He loves the color pink so he always grabbing the pink shoes wherever we go.

We have also been able to visit my cousin's Lee & Jen with their new little boy. He came 6 weeks early and had to stay in the NICU for 3 weeks, so they have had a long road, but he is adorable. Of course my mom knows how to calm him down. She is a naturally, and I'm so glad to have her here! Part of me feels bad that she will only be here less than a week when this little girl does finally make her appearance, but really it has been a blessing since I think it's been a nice break for her to not have to take care of someone else for the last week. I've enjoyed this relaxing week, but I am ready to take care of my little girl so check back this weekend and we'll definitely have pictures of her!

1 comment:

Matt and Maggie said...

I am disappointed to read this. I've been hanging on your words hoping for you. Now, unless you deliver tomorrow, you will deliver two weeks late and on Friday I will deliver one week early. Not that that is anything you want to hear. I'm just saying...