Sunday, September 26, 2010

My official due date is in exactly 2 weeks from now on 10-10-10. I am hoping that she comes close to 10-10, but not necessarily early, but we'll see! This is my first vaginal delivery so she might just be a week late...the unknown and unplanned part kills me. Anyway, since I haven't kept up on pictures of this pregnancy the last few months I thought I'd fill you in. The picture on the left is a favorite of mine...homemade ice cream sandwiches. I've only had these twice, but anything sweet is what I've been craving this whole pregnancy. The latest is a twist cone from Arctic Circle. Yum! I think I lean towards the sweets because everyone is so forgiving and encouraging to take advantage of this time to just let it all go. Did you ever fall into this calorie trap when you were pregnant? I know the sweets will make losing weight after harder, but it feels so worth it now! ;-) I haven't been as diligently with monthly pregnant pics with her, due to time and lack of camera, but here are some pictures to show my baby bump for the last few months.

5 MONTHS
6 MONTHS
7 MONTHS8 MONTHS+
This pregnancy has been very similar and slightly different than with Carter. The main difference is that I did feel a little more sick with this little girl at the beginning, but nothing too terrible. I was hoping to keep the swelling feet down to just Carter, but this last week my ankles have started to fill up more noticeably by the end of the day. :( I think with Carter this dreaded symptom hit earlier, so at least I'm thankful for that. As for weight gain, I am about the same, even though I felt better this time. I think that I gained less in my face (although that is starting to fill in as well), but I am also carrying her differently since she is head down instead of head up. She is a mover just like Carter, if not more so. It's so fun to watch my stomach pop up and down all over the place when I finally get to lay down at night, but I am anxious to just hold her and kiss her and dress her in cute clothes! This pregnancy is also different because I have felt my first wave of contractions. Last night they were about 7 minutes apart for a couple of hours, but then they stopped being consistent. It was the first time that I thought she might actually come early. We we want her to come, and I'd love to be done being pregnant, but I don't know if I'm ready for her quite yet. I think give me until at least October so I can get work and things in order this week. When do you think she'll come?

2 comments:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

You are darling! I hope that she waits until 10.10.10. That sould be very cool!!

Leslie & Chris said...

Well I am thinking with in the next week :) or maybe just wishful thinking because I am so excited to meet your little girl!