Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"I hope they call me on a mission..."

My parents have talked about going on a senior couples mission as long as I can remember. Then with the passing of my Mom's mom last year, they started to do the work and make the doctors appointments. Then they both had major surgeries at the end of last year and the beginning of this year. Us kids thought they'd give their bodies a little more time to heal, but that was just wishful thinking.  ;-) Their papers were only in a few short weeks before they were called to the Tallahassee Florida mission at the beginning of August, and reported to the MTC for a week of training at the beginning of September, and they have been serving for a little over a week now! The mission life is similar to their old life because they don't stop moving, but it's different because they do all the moving together! They are meant to serve the wonderful people of Florida, and I'm just grateful that senior couples have more flexibility so we can still have calls and Skype because we need them too!  :-)

No comments: