Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Giant zucchini

Mike and the kids check the garden basically everyday so I'm not sure how they missed this zucchini, but this was the largest one we've ever grown! I was determined not to let it go to waste, and the best use for a big zucchini is baking it. SoFriday afternoon I started shedding it by hand, but then I need a few ingredients at the store so by the time I started baking it was around 830. It made about 13 cups of shredded zucchini! So I used my convection oven and baked 3 large loaves and 4 small loaves of zucchini bread, 76 double chocolate zucchini muffins, and 130 dark chocolate zucchini cookies. I didn't finish til around 1230, and my kitchen was an udder disaster when Jana got home. She couldn't stop laughing. Needless to say our freezer is stocked with visiting and home teaching treats for the next few months.  :-)

No comments: