Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fish hook

A couple of weeks ago Mike had an overnight Scout camp with the 11 year olds. Carter has gone before so he was excited to go again. They had a great time at beautiful Tiblefork reservoir, until Saturday morning when Carter was picking and throwing rocks from the steam and his middle finger picked up an old rusty fish hook!  :-( It was really stuck so Mike drove him down to a clinic in Alpine while Carter freaked out the whole way down. I met them there, but of course not before I got pulled over for speeding. It was my first time not having my license and getting a nice cop. He assured me that my son was fine because his dad was there, and then he told me to drive slower. No ticket! A miracle! When I finally got there they gave him some topical numbing so he was doing better. The worse part of the whole thing though was getting the numbing shot. Carter screamed bloody murder and I fought to hold back tears. Carter and I didn't really watch the doctor pulling and pushing his little finger to get the hook out. The picture is of the leftover part they pushed through his finger after they cut off what they could. They gave him a stuffed bear that he named blue berry bear. He was fine the rest of the day and didn't have any lasting pain. That was our first visit like this and I'm sure it won't be our last.  :-)

No comments: