Friday, April 11, 2014

We made it...and made it back!

(I wanted to post daily, but China restricts websites like blogs and Facebook. So here is my first post finally, but we are just waiting to get on our last plane to salt lake!)
So we made it! It's midnight here now and we're just chilling in Ginger's awesome place planning the week. It was super humid in the airport, and it seemed like we were the only ones there, but when we walked outside it was cool air and there were tons of people waiting for a taxi! We went with this guy that said he could take us right now, but when we got to his "taxi" there was a cop waiting behind his car so he couldn't move. He was in a "black cab" where they don't have a meter. It's hard to enforce but when you get caught it's a huge fine so we left him with the police and went back in line.  :-)

The first thing we did off the airplane was go to the restroom of course, and I was taken back to see the squatters in the airport. I went to the next stall of course, but I had to take a picture. I actually had to wait for a lady to get done even though there were lots of "regular" toilets. It is so fun to be here but we better get some sleep.

You're got to watch where you walk since cars and buses don't stop for you, the air is pretty terrible, and there are tons of people smoking, but it's awesome! I got this fortune cookie during my dinner on the flight and it couldn't be more true! This trip is going to be great on both continents.  :-)

No comments: