Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hawaii, here we come!!!

It's official! We bought tickets yesterday to Maui! We are going as a graduation trip for Mike and our good friends James & Kelly are going as well since James is also graduating. We are so proud of our guys and we can't wait for the next 6 weeks to fly by so we can sit on the beach and finally relax after 5+ years of schooling! J&K can stay longer that we can since we have to be back for Mike to compete his senior design project of a mini Baja in WA. So we are flying out on Sunday, May 9th and coming back by Sunday, May 16th. We ARE going to leave Carter which will be hard, but we pray that he'll do well with his grandmas.

Because of J&K we actually have really nice FREE lodging so we just have to pay for flight, car, and food. Since tickets are expensive anyway, we wouldn't be able to make this trip without J&K, plus, they also went to Maui on their honeymoon so they already know all the great places. This is a pretty big trip for us, especially leaving Carter so we'll see how it goes. We are thinking of getting a web cam so we can see him and talk to him, but maybe that will make it worse? Does anyone have any experience or advice about leaving your kid(s) for a trip?

5 comments:

Leslie & Chris said...

Congrats! That is great!! When is Mike's design day? Chris and I would love to come??

Amy said...

Congrats on graduation and on Hawaii! That's awesome (and totally what I wanted to do for Danny's graduation but we settled on a luau party...)!! Good luck leaving Carter--I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll enjoy the break!

Alissa said...

Can we say, "JEALOUS"? Because I so am! I'm afraid I have no advice for you...I've only left a 4 month old for an overnight and thats it. So good luck that would be hard but you need the opportunity to relax! HAVE FUN!

Amanda Habel said...

I've left my kids a few times for trips. My advice- don't worry about them. If they are with Grandparents then they are having more fun than they would if you were there! Sad, but true! Have fun! We love Hawaii!!

Unknown said...

sooooo fun!! ;o) I've left my boys for weekend trips and it always seems to upset them more when I call...even though they ask for me. So, I wouldn't worry about the webcam and just plan a once a day phone call. But, do whatever makes you feel more relaxed in Hawaii!