Monday, May 11, 2009

What a fantastic and busy Mother's Day! Honestly, yesterday was not exactly how I thought it would turn out, but it was wonderful in the end. To start off, I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting AND teach in Relief Society! Talk about stressful! The talk was about how I was grateful to be a new mom. I started off my talk saying that God has a sense of humor by assigning me this talk because the whole week before Carter had croup so my shoulder was a constant snot rag, I didn't get much sleep, and I couldn't comfort by baby. Then to top it off I was losing my voice for that talk and for my lesson later that day. That got a good laugh out of the audience and many sympathetic looks of women who knew exactly how I felt. The really sad part was that Mike was super super sick so he left early to get some rest. He so wanted to do more, but he did get me a beautiful rose and chocolate. My favorite! Then my sister Jana left a bundle of roses and a wonderful card so I felt very loved.

Even though none of us were feeling the best, we wanted to try and see both of Mike's grandmas, but we were only able to see Grandma Youngmen. (We'll catch Grandma Jenson next week.) Anyway, it was great to see Grandma again and bring her a few gifts and brownies. She's looking good and we love her so much.

After visiting Grandma we headed over to the parents house for a dinner with Mom Jenson. Cheri is such a wonderful mother and mother-in-law. She does so much for us, and Carter absolutely adores her. We wish my mom was close, but we are grateful for her and all that she does. A fun part of this day was to test out the new dirt bike. Carter LOVED it! He hated to get off and he did great holding on while Mike took up and down the street.

I am grateful to be the mother of such a wonderful little boy. He is the joy of my life and I love to see him grow each day. I wish that I could be with him more, but I know that he loves me despite my short comings, and I couldn't have asked for anything more this Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Leslie & Chris said...

Can I say how much I love that top picture of you and Carter, you look so beautiful! You are such a great mom and a wonderful friend!!!